Diploma in Graphic and UI Design
Comprehensive Program in Graphic Design, Visual Communication and UI Design
Engage in a 6-month comprehensive program exploring the domains of graphic and UI design with our Diploma in Graphic and UI Design. Designed for beginners as well as individuals keen on enhancing their existing skills, this foundational course provides an in-depth study of graphic design fundamentals coupled with an introductory exploration into user interface design. Acquire practical proficiency with key design tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Canva, and Figma, while engaging in real-world projects that significantly contribute to your professional portfolio.
In today’s digital landscape, the disciplines of graphic design and user interface (UI) design play a pivotal role in shaping user interactions with technology. This program is meticulously crafted to equip students with the essential skills and insights required to excel in these vibrant fields, bifurcated into two distinctive parts:
Part 1: Graphic and Visual Communication
In this segment, students will delve into the universal principles of design, learning to craft visually compelling messages that resonate with audiences. The focus extends beyond tool mastery to understanding the rationale behind each design decision and applying these principles across various media.
- Study layout, typography, color theory, and visual hierarchy as fundamental principles of graphic design.
- Gain hands-on experience with design tools like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Canva.
- Delve into theories and principles of communication design to effectively convey brand messages.
- Learn to design marketing collaterals like brochures, business cards, flyers, posters, and social media graphics.
- Craft visual narratives through logo design, marketing materials, and advertisements.
- Assemble a graphic design portfolio showcasing creativity and technical proficiency.
- Engage in team projects and workshops that promote collaboration.
- Undertake practical assignments, mimicking real-world design scenarios to provide a solid foundation for real-world applications.
Part 2: User Interface Design
This segment transitions into a thorough exploration of user interface design, emphasizing the interaction between users and digital products like websites and mobile applications. Discover techniques to create intuitive and functional interfaces ensuring a seamless user experience.
- Explore core principles of user interface and interaction design.
- Understand website and mobile application design essentials.
- Learn to craft design patterns and cohesive systems.
- Familiarize with tools like Adobe XD and Figma for designing wireframes, creating prototypes, and refining designs.
- Organize product, system, or process information effectively.
- Introduction to usability principles and user-centered evaluation methods.
- Engage in practical assignments, promoting hands-on experience in UI design for web and mobile applications.
- Curriculum updated regularly and aligned with international standards.
- Assignment-based grading for comprehensive skills assessment.
- Hybrid learning with concurrent in-person and online sessions.
- On-site students have the option to attend online.
- Projects guided by seasoned professionals for real-world insights.
- Internship opportunities based on performance.
- Dedicated pre/post-class guidance for in-person students.
- Support available via Phone or WhatsApp.
- Certification widely recognized and acknowledged in the industry
- Minimum completion of Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), A-levels, or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of computer operations, including Windows operating system, Microsoft Word, and internet navigation.
- No prior design knowledge required, but an interest in creative and visual fields is beneficial.
- Access to a computer with necessary design software, such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.